Guildford’s Yvonne Arnaud Theatre
By: Ronald Harwood
Director: Joe Harmston
Starring: Timothy West, Caroline Langrishe & Adrian Lukis
With video testimony by Vanessa Redgrave as Sister Sophia
“Harwood’s best and finest play” The Sunday Times
Ronald Harwood, Academy Award-winning playwright and screenwriter is the author of this intelligent and stimulating story about law, justice and revenge.
Cressida and Julian Field live comfortably in the Sussex countryside with their elderly Ukrainian odd-job man and friend of the family, Romka. He cooks, mends fences, trims hedges and grows vegetables. Cressida calls him her ‘life-saver’. Then suddenly two police officers from the War Crimes Squad arrive... What has Romka done? Is he guilty? Is there a time limit on punishment?
The Handyman looks at responsibility and the possibility of evil, in a story that holds and intrigues from start to finish.
Timothy West is one of the UK’s favourite stage and TV actors.
“Harwood is now unquestionably our greatest living playwright” Sunday Telegraph
- Roman Kozachenko Timothy West
- Cressida Field Caroline Langrishe
- Julian Field Adrian Lukis
- Marian Stone Carolyn Backhouse
- Detective Inspector Washbourne James Simmons
- Detective Constable Mather Anthony Houghton
- Vanessa Redgrave (video testimonies) Sister Sophia
- Nikita Ferdorenko (video testimonies) Steven Berkoff
- Author RONALD HARWOOD
- Director Joe Harmston
- Set Designer Sean Cavanagh
- Composer & Sound Designer Matthew Bugg